Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My shins felt much better today. My complaint for today is "sweat". It was 81 degrees and cloudy, and I was sweating like a pig. My hair's not that wet when I get out of the shower; my shirt was soaked, so I had to wipe the sweat off my face with sweat. I think one of the things that contributed to the "sweatness" of the run was coffee. I didn't get much sleep last night (staying with Lainey), so I drank a couple of extra cups of coffee. I also didn't hydrate before the run. It looked like rain, so I just hurried to get on the road.

I added a mile to hopefully get in 30 miles for the week. I ran 7 miles in 1:03:12. I saw I had a very slim chance of finishing at a 9:00 or less pace as I headed into the last mile. I was close, but just didn't have it in me. I finished at a 9:02 pace. My max heart rate was well above my formulated 180 at 195. I've hit 232, which I believe is an error, since one formula starts at 220 and can only be less than 220. I've also hit 198 twice. This is my second 195. The thing is that these top 5 max HR's do not have fast times. The fastest pace is 8:38; the rest are over 9:00. Also, the distance doesn't seem to be a factor. Only one is over 10 miles - the Country Music Marathon, which is the one with the error, and the pace for that was 13:43. My "Recovery From" of 194 was my 3rd highest ever. I was trying to get under 1:03:00, but was barely moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment