Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Monday, September 12, 2011

I was supposed to meet up with Shane for today's run. We left work a little late, so got home a little late. I sent Shane a text about 5:15, asking if 6:00 would be okay. About 5:50, I received a reply that he was still working at his farm, so I hit the road by myself. It was probably a good thing that we didn't run together, or should I say "try" to run together. I would not have been able to keep up. My shins - mostly to the sides - gave me problems, beginning about a half mile into the run. I was hoping they would loosen up, so I kept running. Just before getting to mile 2.5, I felt a burning sensation running up my right shin. Once I got to the 2.5 mark, I walked for a half mile. I ran the last mile very easily. There was still pain every time each foot hit the ground, but I could live with it.

It took me 40:22 (10:06 pace) to run these 4 miles. I had some of my lower heart rates: 150 avg, 178 max, 60 rest, recovery 159 to 109.

No comments:

Post a Comment