Thursday, October 21, 2010

Missed a Day and Now Feeling Ill

I did not run on Wednesday - a week-and-a-half away from the half marathon and I did not run. I had other things on my mind to do. Buy and replace a belt on the lawnmower. I stopped at a few places and none had the belt I needed, so I didn't have to put the belt on when I got home. I was also to help Sherri around the house (at least vacuum downstairs), but since she did not have to keep Lainey all day, she had it all done, except shampooing the downstairs carpet. Now, what was I to do? Run. No. I just couldn't make myself get out the door. So, what did I do? I sat in front of the TV and ate. I ate some Goldfish - a lot of Goldfish, 2 bowls of cereal, 2 waffles, some cookies, and a bowl of ice cream. I guess it wasn't THAT bad. But I did not run!

Today, before leaving work, my throat began to feel a little sore. This led to a struggle of "run because I'm scheduled to, plus I skipped yesterday/don't run to avoid the risk of sickness". Of course, I was heavily leading toward the "don't run", but I ran. It was 67 degrees. I wore shorts, a short sleeve shirt, and a skull cap. I wore the skull cap to keep my head warm - one of the handicaps of being bald. I sweated during the run, but I didn't feel that chill on the back of my scalp as I have done before while running in cool weather. Again, certain areas of the route seemed much cooler than others. Swallowing was a little difficult for the first couple of miles. I thought it would get worse as I continued to suck in the cool air, but it actually got easier.

I ran 5 miles at an easy pace. 8:21, 8:13, 8:20, 8:27, and 7:58, for a total time of 41:19, a pace of 8:16.

No comments:

Post a Comment