Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Monday, October 25, 2010

It was cloudy and 71 degrees when I headed out about 5:30 pm. I felt like I had a lot of strikes against me for what was supposed to be an "easy" run with the half marathon just days away. I was still recovering from having weekend visitors, eating way too much pizza (pizza sub Friday night, pizza for lunch and supper Saturday, a couple of small pieces that were leftover for lunch Sunday, and some pizza at my dad's Sunday night at his birthday get together; plus, all the other junk food over the weekend), running the two races Saturday, and my shins were killing me. Other than mile 1, they were all over 9:00 - 8:40, 9:35, 9:31, 9:13, and 9:03. It felt like I was running faster than these times, though. Total time: 46:02. Pace: 9:12. (A downer: I weighed 170.8 this morning; the first time I have been over 170 since July 19 and the half marathon is this weekend! When I should be at my lowest, I'm at my highest!)

No comments:

Post a Comment