Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

After Monday's 5 miler, I was awaken several times during the night by a sharp pain shooting across the lower shin of my right leg. Occasionally, the pain shot through it on Tuesday and Wednesday. Of course, it occurred during Wednesday's run. It doesn't happen that often, so I'm not really worried about it affecting me on Saturday.

Mile 1 as at 8:00 and Mile 2 at 8:06. This got me to thinking about finishing the 4 mile run with a pace of 8:00. I knew I had to push a little for my usually slow Mile # 3 to do so. Again, an 8:06. Now, I had to run Mile 4 in 7:48 or less. I tried to maintain a fast pace, but I didn't feel like it was any faster than the previous 3 miles. So, with less than a 1/4 mile to go, I sprinted the best I could. Mile 4 - 7:33! I did it! Why? I don't know. Total time: 31:45; Pace: 7:56.

1 comment:

  1. you make me sick :) hurting shin and you crush my fastest pace.

    ReplyDelete