Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October 6, 2010

This afternoon at work my calves began feeling sore. I don't know why. They felt fine Monday night after my 5 mile run, and there was no indication of any soreness on Tuesday. Anyway, I ran today's 6 miles hoping to work the soreness out. At times, I didn't feel anything, but most of the time I did - nothing major, just a little discomfort. I usually try to run the first mile at a pace that would be consistent with my overall time, but tend to start out too fast. My sore calves solved that problem for today. It was still faster that I thought, because I felt like I was hardly moving. Mile 1 was 8:47. The rest of the run was just another run with miles 2 through 6 at 9:10, 9:17, 9:20, 9:24, and 8:02. I did push somewhat on the last mile, because it was getting dark and I was on the main road. My overall time was 54:00 even, a 9:00 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment