Saturday, October 2, 2010

Survived the Taylor, Mississippi Bigfoot

I ran 12 miles while visiting in Mississippi. It is 2.5 miles from Holly's house in Oxford to the Taylor city limit sign. I ran by some wooded areas and some open fields to the "ghost" town in the video. There is a post office not visible in the video that is still open. The town is about 5.5 miles from Holly's house, so I ran another half mile and turned around. Although I spent 7 of my 12 miles running in Taylor, I did not encounter the Taylor, Mississippi big foot, or as the locals call it - Loup Garou.

It was cool when I headed out at 8:30, and was just right by 9:30. I believe this helped with my pace, because I didn't eat a singe bite before or during the run. I only had about 6 oz of PowerAde before the run and nothing during. I know not a good idea. I was hoping to run at a 10 minute pace, but wasn't really counting on it. Most of the run was flat, but it started and ended on some "major" hills. Major Hills. I am very happy with my time of 1:57:46 (9:49 pace). No heart monitor.



Hilarious.

1 comment: