Thursday, August 12, 2010

Because I was tired of it!

I have been mad at myself for the poor performances the last few weeks. Today, I decided I would try to turn things around.

Even though the sun was shining, it was sprinkling. I thought the rain was coming and that would be another incentive to push it. However, at Mile 1, in which I ran in 8:38, it was all sunshine. There was also some heat relief - 84 degrees. With the agreeable weather, I continued to push. Mile 2 was a little faster - 8:31. The first half of Mile 3 was not too good, so I tried to make up for it on the second half. I pushed until my side hurt. My right arm was also hurting. When these pains arose, I tried to maintain that pace. I just did finish Mile 3 in under 9:00, at 8:56. I didn't look at my watch during Mile 4 - I just ran. I felt my pace slipping, but I was trying to maintain my "pain" pace. Unfortunately, it was over 9:00 at 9:12. My total time was 35:17, a pace of 8:49. Not blazing, but finally something under 9:00 again.

My heart rates: avg. 169; max. 185; rest 74. Recovery 182 to 129.

No comments:

Post a Comment