Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rough 6

I didn't get up until 9:00. That gave me about 11 hours of sleep and I still felt very tired. I also awoke in the middle of the night with a throbbing headache. Luckily, it didn't last until I got up as it did last weekend. After I went to the dump, got a hair cut, got the oil changed in the Xterra, and went to Foodlion, it was 2:00 before I got a chance to hit the road. At 9:00, it was 82 degrees, but the humidity made it feel a lot warmer. There were dark clouds that hinted of rain, but then the sun broke through - no rain. I think it rained all around us - again. It also has clouded up several times during the day, but still no success. It was 94 when I finally headed out.

I had planned on taking it easy today, and I did. A little too easy, though. Running 6 miles today would give me 20 miles for the week. That is less than what I have had scheduled, and I didn't want to go below 20. I think my Clarksville Half Marathon training schedule starts Monday, so I am a little ahead of that as of now. I have had such trouble with the 10 milers that I decided to cut back today and get closer to the Clarksville Half schedule. The bad thing is that today's 6 miles were just about as bad as the 10 milers had been. It took me 01:04:54, a pace of 10:49, to complete it. My times are just all over the place.

Heart rates: 158 average, 178 max, 54 resting. Recovery. 166 to 144.

1 comment:

  1. you are still crazy. i think you are dehydrated and that is causing brain problems and you are trying to kill yourself. maybe i am not pushing hard enough. i think i would be dead if i was pushing like you are.

    ReplyDelete