Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thirstier

Today, I was thirstier than I was yesterday. About a half mile into the run, my mouth was completely dry. During the day, I drank 2 cups of coffee, 2 Dr. Peppers, 64 oz of water, and then 16 oz of PowerAde before I walked out the door. The water was the thing that mostly changed - it's usually none or little - and it didn't seem to help. Although, I guess the dry-mouth experience may have been worse if I hadn't drank the water. There was a time I was hoping to swallow a gnat, just to get some moisture. Then I thought, "It would be my luck it would hit me in the back of the throat and I would choke to death, because I couldn't wash it down."

I finally got out the door at 6:15 pm. (Sherri is out of town, so I fed Morgan, checked her water, and did some other stuff, before I left). It was sunny and 82 degrees, and I got a little chill around Mile 4, but it quickly went away. I tried to run a consistent pace, but, as usual, that didn't happen. Or did it? Mile 1 (8:29) was close to my overall pace of 8:31. Miles 2 and 4 were about the same pace, 8:16 and 8:13, while Miles 3 and 5 were 8:48 and 8:49. That would make Mile 1 8:29, Miles 2 and 3 averaged together = 8:32, and Miles 4 and 5 averaged together = 8:31. Pretty consistent.

HRs: 172, 188, 68. Recover 179 to 128.

No comments:

Post a Comment