Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Still Going Backwards

Only a few weeks ago I was blogging that I felt as though I was flying during my short runs. I felt I was really making some progress. Not so much in the area of speed, but that I felt I could run 4 or 5 miles without it being a major struggle. I could find a comfortable pace and just run without really having to think about it. Lately, I have been wondering if I would even be able to complete 4 or 5 miles. It has really been a struggle to finish the short runs. I can't seem to find a comfortable pace; I am huffing and puffing like it is Day 1; I'm feeling soreness in places that should not be getting sore anymore; My times are getting slower.

I finished off a dreaded bottle of water (something I've been avoiding lately) about 3:00. I peed, as usual, before leaving work. I had been on the road for about an hour when the urge hit me again. And I wasn't sure if I was going to make it home! Well, I did and hurried to the bathroom. I'm sure I emptied the whole bottle of water and more. I began changing clothes for today's 5 miler. Before I could get completely dressed, I had to pee again. It seemed I peed more than the first time. I was thinking, "I didn't drink this much all day." I suddenly began to feel thirsty, so I drank about 16 oz of PowerAde. As I headed out the door, I felt a little sick at my stomach. I took my time lacing my shoes and syncing my gadgets. I was still feeling thirsty and sickly. The two did not feel to be related. Two strikes - maybe I shouldn't run today. Since I only had two strikes, I hit the road.

As I said before, my runs are getting worse. Mile 1 was my fastest mile at 9:30. On July 19, my pace was 9:28 for a 5 mile run; on July 20, my pace was 8:58! Today's pace was 10:32, as I ran 9:30, 10:21, 11:40, 11:11, and 9:56. Two miles were over 11:00! What is going on? Today, I wasn't feeling my best, but the previous two 5 mile runs were 10:09 and 10:37, which also happen to be the two 5 milers after July 19 and 20. I know it has been hot, too. It was 97 degrees when I left out today. I'm not sure what the heat index was at that time, but it was to reach between 103 and 109 during the day. Still, the times shouldn't be that much slower.

My hearts rates: avg. 166, max. 190, rest 70. Recovery 187 to 150.

No comments:

Post a Comment