Thursday, August 19, 2010

Too Fast Too Soon (and Other Excuses)

I originally planned to run 5 miles today, but after 2 miles, I was worn out. The temperature was 10 degrees warmer (87) than yesterday at the same time, which also contributed to my failure. I think the main cause of my failure, though, was trying to better yesterday's pace. I kept telling myself during the day that I had to ease up a little when I ran this evening, because I would be running back-to-back days. However, once I was on the road, it was "Go, go, go!" to be faster than yesterday.

Well, my over all time for 4 miles was 36:17, a pace of 9:04. One thing that makes the 9:04 even worse is that I ran Mile 1 in 8:17 and Mile 2 in 8:31. So, in my demise, I ran Mile 3 in 9:31 and Mile 4 in 9:58. My running ego is in the ICU, only time will tell if it will make a complete recovery.

Heart rates: 167 avg, 183 max, 56 rest. Recovery 172 to 135.

The one plus of today's run is that when I tried to sprint the last 1/10th of a mile, the tank was empty. I had not saved anything - I gave it all I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment