Saturday, August 27, 2011

10 - No Walking

Finally able to get in 10 miles without walking. I had enough carbs - that's for sure. For breakfast, I had 3 cinnamon rolls, 2 coffees, and some orange juice. For lunch, I had 10 McNuggets, fries, and a milkshake. At Sherri's sister's house, I had a donut. I had some cheese Pringles for a snack. I also had some Dr. Pepper throughout the day. I thought all this would make me sluggish, but I felt pretty good. I usually try to run Saturday runs during the morning, because if I wait too long I will talk myself out of it. I ALMOST did that today.

I usually start out too fast, but today Mile 1 was at 9:00. Still, a little fast, knowing I had 9 more to go. Mile 2 was 9:17. Then I hit a consistent pace for the next 3 miles. 9:49.06, 9:49.06, and 9:49.07 - not just close, but the same! This was the turnaround point, so, heading toward home, my pace quickened - a little. Mile 6 was 9:35. Then I dropped to 9:45 for Mile 7. Mile 8 was 9:28 for some reason. Mile 9 was 9:38. If I could get Mile 10 under 10:00, I would complete every mile in under 10:00. This was kind of exciting, because I haven't been able to run 10 miles without walking since April (I believe that is correct). I ran Mile 10 without looking at my watch. I didn't want to know if I was ahead of the pace I needed and risk slowing down. I tried to run hard, but without feeling like I was killing myself. Mile 10 was 9:17. That felt good. It felt even better knowing that I was finally able to get double digits again.

My total time was 1:35:27, a pace of 9:33. Heart rates: avg 167, max 190, rest 64. Recovery, wasn't much, 190 to 151.

I saw Todd ran 18 miles in under an 11:00 pace - must be nice! I guess Shane is MIA.

1 comment:

  1. Had a rough week at work Tuesday night being on call. Don't count me out just yet.

    ReplyDelete