Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Push at the End

I ran a 6 miler today with a tenth of a mile "sprint" at the end. I was around a 9:15 pace after 4 miles and a little below that after 5 miles. I wanted to finish at 9:15 or better, and felt like I had slowed down too much during Mile 6, that I sprinted at the end hoping to reach my goal. I must not have slowed down as much as I thought, because I know the short sprint didn't cut off a lot of time. The times: 9:02, 9:28, 9:28, 9:06, 8:59, and 8:31. Total time: 54:33. Pace: 9:06.

I know I've said it a hundred times before, but I really wish I had the heart rate monitor today. My heart was really going at the end and took awhile to slow down

1 comment:

  1. next time you need a battery let me know, i always have spares. i have several different things that use them and recently i just bought 4 for some cameras, then realized they were the wrong ones.

    ReplyDelete