Saturday, August 6, 2011

Only Five

Today was supposed to be a long run - 10 miler. I started out a little fast, because it was only 81 degrees and it almost 10:00 am. My first mile was in 9:03. It was cloudy, but I wasn't expecting other than some sprinkles or light drizzle. I drove to Salem UMC to run. I ran to the end of Salem Ridge and back. I had half of my 10 miles completed as I stopped by my truck to towel off and get a drink. Then the bottom fell out. I got in my truck, but before I could muster the energy to drive away, the rain stopped. The damage was already done - I was not running the final 5 miles. I felt so worn out I'm not sure I could have finished anyway. Total time: 48:32; Pace 9:42. After that first mile and my feeling of exhaustion, I thought my time would have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment