Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Needed a Break

Today is usually an off day, but tomorrow we are coming home through Dickson, because Brandi is cutting our hair. I decided to go ahead and run Wednesday's run today, because I am not sure what time we will get home, and, if we get get something to eat, I surely wouldn't feel like running. I did change Wednesday's mileage (6) with Thursday's 4, so I wouldn't run the higher miles on back-to-back days.

I started out too fast. Mile 1 was 8:12. Mile 2 at 8:20. During Mile 3, I really began to feel the toll of yesterday's long run. I did manage to stay under 9:00 - at 8:59! Mile 4 slipped to 9:17. I guess, overall, it wasn't that bad. Total time: 34:48. Pace: 8:42. Heart rates: 170 avg. 185 max. 70 rest. Recovery was 184 to 129. I wasn't even able to sprint at the end, so the high recovery wasn't my max.

I felt like I did something. First time that I have felt the soreness of running hard in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment