Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ankle O.K.

I didn't start until 7:00 pm, and the temperature was the same as yesterday (83), but there was sunshine, and it still did not feel as hot as yesterday. My ankle hurt during the day. Every time I got up I had to catch myself. Sherri wanted me to vacuum, since she was at Crissy's with Lainey for the night and Holly and family would be at our house tomorrow. I was going to do it after I ran, but decided to do it before I ran to hopefully loosen my ankle up. Evidently, it worked. My ankle did not hurt the entire run! It did give me trouble as I stepped into the shower, though. I had one of my best paces in a long time - 8:32. Mile 3 must be back as my slow mile. I ran 8:34, 8:27, 8:41, and 8:27. It kept me from being under 8:30. I tried to sprint the last 2/10ths to finish under 8:30, but I couldn't do it. I wish I had my heart rate monitor, because I did try, and when I was finished, I sat on the guardrail beside the road for awhile.

1 comment: