Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 --- 99

Before I begin this post, I want to mention a couple of things I forgot to write on my "Monday, August 1, 2011" entry. First, the 10 miles that I ran put me over the 1,500 mile mark, since I began running 2 years ago (August 10, 2009). I finished at 1,500.7. The morning of August 1, I weighed a certain amount. After the long run and being too exhausted to eat afterwards, I weighed 5.8 pounds less the next morning. Wish I could do that a few more times...

Now, to today. A record high temperature was set today. The Cumberland Science Museum in Nashville reported a temp of 107. Other places were more in the 102 range. Our thermometer at home had reached 107, too. It was 102 when I was dressed to run, but I waited until the temp dropped below 100. Now, I wish I would not have done that, because now I can't say that I ran when it was 100 degrees :). I started really easy when it was 99 at 6:45 pm. There was a nice little breeze at times that probably negated the heat index to the actual temp of 99. A few clouds rolled in and it got a little cooler - the temp had dropped to 94 by the time I had finished. I ran the first 2 miles quite slowly - 10:30 pace. My other mileage times were all over the place, because I walked 2 minutes during Mile 3, walked 1 during Mile 4, walked 5 minutes during Mile 5, and walked most of the last quarter-mile - I "sprinted" about the last 25/100ths, when I saw I had a chance to be under an 11:30 pace. I barely made it - 1:08:57, for an 11:30 pace.

I had carried 1/2 bottle of PowerAde and drank some during my walking times. When I got home, it was gone, so I had Sherri to bring me a bottle of water outside so I could drink it on the porch while trying to cool down. I hated it. I hate water. I thought I was thirsty enough I would down it all at once, but barely got half of it. It was a few minutes later that I forced the rest of it down before heading in for a shower. I also peed blood for the first time in a long time. I'm not worried about it like I was before, because I know it will go away.

P.S. - Shane has surpassed me...

1 comment:

  1. i don't know what makes you think i have surpassed you

    ReplyDelete