Thursday, August 11, 2011

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Two year running anniversary.

At 6:30 pm, it was cloudy and a "cool" 83 degrees. My last 4 runs have been when the temperature has been under 90 degrees! However, I think I sweated more today than any other day. I don't know why. It wasn't the humidity, and it had been cloudy at least since I got home about 2 hours ago.

Not too long after passing 2.5 miles, I thought I fractured my ankle. I didn't step on anything, twist it, or anything. I just felt the pain! It has happened a few times before, but not with such pain and usually goes away within the next few steps. This time it didn't go away so quickly. This also happened during the Clarksville Half Marathon. If I remember right, it was around mile 4, and I almost stopped at a water station to call it quits. I didn't think there was any way I could finish, but I forged on past the water station thinking I would stop if it wasn't better by the next. The ankle worked itself out and I finished with my best half marathon time ever (out of all 3). I was hoping for the same result today. I f-i-n-a-l-l-y got it and was able to keep mile 3 under 10:00 at 9:56. I finished all the miles in under 10:00. Total: 57:54. Pace: 9:39.

No comments:

Post a Comment