Saturday, August 13, 2011

Knew I Shoulda Called Shane

Holly and family were at our house last night and until noon today. Sherri went to Crissy's for the night not long after Holly left. I could run whenever I wanted. The thing is that I really didn't want to. I thought about calling Shane, not only to help me get out the door, but to help me "run" the 10 miles. I have tried to run a 10 miler just about every Saturday for the last 3 months, but I either don't cover 10 miles or I walk a lot of it. I thought someone running with me would help me push through the "I can't do it" - which is really more like "I don't want to do it". I decided not to call Shane, because I didn't want him to feel like he had to do it or how many miles he had scheduled. He also probably couldn't run to later in the evening, and if I waited much longer, I would have backed out for sure.

I headed out at 3:15 and it was 92 degrees. I carried a PowerAde and some Captain America fruit chews. This was probably one of my worst runs ever. I did not cover 10 miles - I only did 8. A lot of it was walking, too. My fastest mile was Mile 2 at 10:21. Miles 1 and 3-5 were in the 11's. Mile 6 - 15:43, Mile 7 - 17:44, Mile 8 - 18:34. A total time of 1:48:02; Pace 13:30. Pathetic!

1 comment:

  1. call me this weekend, this week starts my plan for the st. judes, and i have 10 planned for saturday. of course i felt terrible today and couldn't push myself to run, so i missed the first real day of my training schedule.

    ReplyDelete