Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bonus 1.4 Miles!

Morgan (our dog) had to go out at 5:00 this morning. The temperature was 18 degrees. At 8:30 a.m., it was still 18 degrees.

After reading day 2 of the Bible and a cup of coffee, I finally headed out the door for my 5 mile run at 9:30. The temperature had warmed up to 22 degrees with snow flurries. I listened to my MP3 "Travel Bible" as a ran. When I thought I had completed the first mile, I looked at my watch to see my time. My GPS battery had died! My plan to run 2.5 miles, turn around, and run home had to change. I decided to run the loop at the end of the main road. I figured the round trip would give me 5 miles. When I got back home, I drove my route and discovered that I had ran 6.4 miles! So, my 1 hour 5 minute and 23 second time was not as bad as I thought. My average was 10:23 per mile. Still, it was slower than I would have liked. The temperature had reached 24 degrees by the time I got back home. (The day's high was 27).

My knee gave me some trouble at times, especially running downhill. Some instances were quite painful, but only lasted a few strides. And I never had to walk.

Sherri and I carried a piece of furniture to Crissy. I tweaked my knee while walking backwards carrying it out to load in the vehicle. I am glad tomorrow is a rest day to give my knee a chance to feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment