Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 13, 2010

Ran my 5 miles in 48:53 (9:46 per mile). I know I need to run faster, but I'm afraid of injuring my knee again. The marathon (which calls for 4 miles today) I am hoping to run is just a "finish" goal for me - "time" doesn't enter the equation. The half marathon, however, is a different story; I want to best my one and only time of 01:58:06 (9:00 minutes per mile). I do not do any other kind of training - no speed workouts, no cross-training, etc. I just run.

I did not check the temp when I headed out, but it was a cool 30 degrees when I returned just after 6:00 pm. The 30 degrees seemed cooler than when I was running when the temp was just around 20 degrees. Weathermen are predicting temps in the low 50's for Saturday. Sounds great! Saturdays are my weekly long runs. This week is an 8-miler.

No comments:

Post a Comment