Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

It is hard to believe it is 2010! It doesn't seem that long ago we were worried about Y2K.

My wife and I are not party people - we once again sat home alone; we once again did not make it to midnight. We tried. About 11:00, I went upstairs to brush my teeth, take my contacts, etc. When I came back downstairs a few minutes later, Sherri was asleep. I decided I would watch TV until close to midnight and wake her up. My eye lids were getting heavy; I wasn't sure if I would make it. Well, she woke up while rolling over on the couch and said she was going to bed. I went to bed, too, at about 11:30. This year, however, we didn't sleep through the ringing in of the new year. We were awakened by some fireworks. We told each other "Happy New Year" and went quickly back to sleep.

We got up after 10:00 this morning. And I feel awful. I like routine when it comes to sleeping.

My New Year's resolutions are reduntant: eat better, exercise more, be a better person, etc. My main goal resolution is to once again attempt the read the Bible in a year program. I have read the entire Bible, but I slacked at times, and it took me just over a year-and-a-half. Sherri got me a Bible MP3 player for Christmas. I was going to use it as a read-along, but the versions are a little different. There is nothing like actually reading, so that is my main focus. I plan on listening while running and driving to work sometimes. Hopefully, I will get the Bible twice this year!

Another goal - a reason for my blog - is to run my first full marathon - at the age of 40. A couple of obstacles that stand in the way (besides the condition of my knee and laziness) are the COLD weather and daylight. Tomorrow I am scheduled to run 5 miles - the temperature is supposedly range from a high of 29 degrees to a low of 9 degrees. I don't want to run in the cold, especially that cold! Since we have been off work for two weeks, I could choose my time of the day to run. When we return to work on Monday, daylight will be just breaking as we pull out of the driveway, so I must get ready for work before sun-up; when we get home from work, dusk will have fallen. No daylight and cold weather for the next few months. Do I have the will-power?

No comments:

Post a Comment