Wednesday, January 6, 2010

January 5, 2010

Today is January 6, but since I did not write yesterday's entry, I am writing it today. A day behind will probably be the norm from now on for my blog entries.

Work is slow, due to the weather - we just can't pave when it is 12 degrees. The 12 degree temperature was at 6:50 am. By 7:15, it had dropped to 11 degrees. I heard on the news that we were closing in on the record of 12 days in-a-row when the high temperature for the day remained below the freezing mark. The record was set way back in 1895.

"Hey, Al Gore, you live near Nashville, what do you think about this global warming thing?" Oh, I have a lot of questions/comments on Al Gore's ideas of global warming. I will save you from that rant, though - at least for the time being.

Since I did not run my 3 miles scheduled for Monday (Jan. 4), I ran them January 5. It was 22 degrees when I left the house at 5:15 pm. When I returned about 30 minutes, the temperature had dipped to 20 degrees. I did not wear gloves this time, because my hands sweated the last time I wore gloves. I wish I had worn them! Since it was dusk, I carried a small flashlight and my right thumb got so cold it felt like I had jambed it. The rest of me sweated.

No comments:

Post a Comment