Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Today the temperature was in the low 20's when I ran my 6 miles. Flurries were still falling, even a little heavy at times. My trouble with the flurries were not so much as hitting me in the eyes, but landing on my eyelashes. It has been flurrying for about 3 days now and the temperatures have remained below freezing. However, the snow on the ground is melting away. Strange.

This week was Week Number 3 for my Half Marathon training; it also was Week Number 1 for the full. (I may have written about this before). For the Half, today's schedule was for 6 miles; the Full would have been for 5. So, I am ahead in the Full Marathon department - at least until my taper period for the Half.

I am disappointed in my time. As I mentioned in earlier posts, I hoped to keep all my times at under 10 minutes per mile. Today's time was 1 hour, 1 minute, and 12 seconds. It was not that bad off. Plus, I limped most of the last half-mile, due to pain returning to my knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment