Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010

On my way home from work, Sherri called and wanted me to pick up a pizza and cheese sticks. Yes, pizza. A major "No, no" for runners and my number one weakness. I talked myself in and out of running my 3 scheduled miles many times before I got home. I resisted every temptation of eating a slice of pizza or a couple of cheese sticks while driving home. A major accomplishment. When I got home, I forced myself to run. I used the pizza as my motivation - the faster I run, the quicker I get to eat pizza.

It took me 27:39 to run 3 miles. I am happy because I have been trying to remain under 10 minutes per mile. This was an average of 9:13 per mile. The thing is I want to run 3 miles in no more than 21 minutes. At my age (and after years of "nothing" and hundreds of pizzas later), I don't know if I will ever get there.

Hey, it was a little warm for my run at 5:00 pm - it was 37 degrees. Today's high was 40; the low 12. Finally, we rose above freezing. (I still don't know about the record).

No comments:

Post a Comment