Monday, January 25, 2010

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Back to double-digits! Today was a 10-miler!

I usually have a "rest day" both before and after my Saturday long run. However, since I ran yesterday in attempt to make up for 2 missed days, I was running back-to-back days. My legs hurt; my knees hurt to the extent I thought my ITBS was coming back - not that it has gone away completely. The last two miles were rough! I was wondering if I was going to have to walk. My pace over the last two miles was over 11 minutes each, so I was almost walking. I finished in 1 hour, 42 minutes, and 17 seconds - about a 10:13 pace.

The rest of the day I was in recovery. My legs were sore and my head ached. My main concern was the ITB in both knees. I do NOT want to be in the position I was a few months ago. I was not only unable to run, but I had trouble walking. My knee could only bend just a little before the excuriating pain hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment