Thursday, January 7, 2010

Where's the snow? Most Importantly: The National Championship

Well, where is all the snow? There is just enough snow to cover my street in Clarksville. The snow depth is very thin and the street is very evenly covered - almost like somebody painted the road white. When I reached the main highway I travel, it was mostly wet from all the brine and salt added to the road preparing it for the "snow storm". The snow disappeared the closer I drove to Nashville - not a single flake hit my windshield. The temperatures have improved, though. At 6:30 am, it was 28 degrees, up 2 from midnight.

My main focus today is on the National Championship football game tonight. My ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE will be taking on the Texas Longhorns. ROLL TIDE!!!

Well, I left work at noon. The two people that did come in had already left, so I left, too. It had been snowing in Nashville for an hour or so, and there was some accumulation on the street in front of the office. The home was pretty smooth, though.

I ran 4 miles when I got home. The temperature was 28 degrees when I left and when I returned. I completed the run in 39:22 - not blazing speed, but right now I am trying to keep my average per mile under 10 minutes. I guess my run was balanced. At times, the wind was blowing my top half to the left, at times to the right, at times backwards/forwards. I believe the wind's main goal was to blow me over.

No comments:

Post a Comment