Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Monday, June 14, 2010

Today's 4-miler was quite a bit cooler. A short, hard rain brought the temperature from the 90's down to 75 degrees. I almost talked myself out of running; I kept telling myself that it was going to rain again. I finally made it out the door with the plan of running 3 miles if it began raining or 4 miles if it didn't.

After a 9:31 mile 1, I felt pretty good and decided to pick up the pace. After all, I was still mad at myself for not pushing the least little bit on Saturday's run. I deserved some type of punishment. And these last 3 miles were it. However, if you look at the times for those 3 miles, you wouldn't think I ran all that hard. I ran 9:06, 8:52, and 8:52, for an 8:56 pace. Since mile one was slower, the total run was 36:21 (a 9:05 pace).

My heart rates: 169 avg; 189 max; 74 resting. Recovery was 186 to 128 (I think this may be the biggest drop yet).

The pushing has caused some pain on my inner right knee and just below my right knee on the outside. I'm hoping this goes away soon.

1 comment: