Friday, June 11, 2010

Thursday June 10, 2010 - 4 Miles

I ran at around 6:30 (about an hour later than the day before). The temperature was the same for both runs (81 degrees). I thought Wednesday was hot and humid, but it paled in comparison with this run. At times, I felt like I was smothering. Shane posted on his blog that one of his business partners said, "It is so humid out there you could stir it with a stick." Try running through it - you believe it.

I felt like I was running in place during the first mile, which actually was my fastest of the 4 miles (8:48). Mile 2 was at 8:52. When I realized I had a chance of completing the run in a pace under 9:00, I stepped it up a little. So I thought. Mile 3 was 9:24; Mile 4 9:21. The harder and faster I thought I ran ended up being my two slowest miles. My total time was 36:24 for a 9:06 pace.

Heart Rates: avg. 171; Max. 190; Min. 70. Recovery from 190 to 136.

1 comment:

  1. good run, i see you got the 11 miles in today too, today seemed much more humid than any of the other days before, maybe because it was a little hotter wehn i ran too. i drank almost 1.5 liters of water during the run and still lost 2.5 pounds during the run.

    ReplyDelete