Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Monday, June 28, 2010

I didn't run Thursday, because I left work early and we went to Mississippi. I packed some running shoes and clothes "just in case". I thought "maybe" I would run Friday - Derek was out of town, Holly was working, and Sherri was babysitting Max, so it wouldn't be like I was unsociable or anything. Instead, I watched some television shows discussing the career and death of Michael Jackson. I also took a pretty good nap that afternoon.

Saturday, maybe I'll run Saturday. No, not Saturday either. We shopped a few places - Sherri, Holly, and Max went were they wanted, and I went my own way. We ate at Applebee's and I was not impressed. I haven't been to one in about 10 years and do not think I will be visiting another one anytime soon, especially since Sherri wasn't too high on the food either. When we returned home, Holly and Sherri watched "Alice in Wonderland" with Johnny Depp. I tried, but I fell asleep. I was really tired, but with no apparent reason. That evening we went to the Huddle House to eat. My waffles were great! Eat was about all I did. Sherri and I picked up pizzas on the way to Mississippi, so I ate pizza on the way and leftovers as snacks the next two days. Holly had also bought some Krispy Kremes that I had for breakfast and snack. I lost control of my eating and from Thursday until Sunday, I gained 6 pounds.

Now on Monday, I had to get back to running. Even though I haven't ran since Wednesday, my legs ached a little, especially the knees. I thought that if I ran the pain would get worse. I had almost talked myself out of it, but I ran 3 miles. My legs didn't bother me at all, except for the usual tiredness after a run. It had rained earlier, but the sun was out without a threat of a cloud during the whole run. The shower had cooled the temperature my the mid-90's to the 80 degrees I ran in, which seemed much hotter. Miles 1 was 8:52, and Mile 2 was 8:54. I wasn't expecting anything under 9:00, so I was happy...until Mile 3. I tried to keep a descent pace during mile 3 with a strong sprint at the end. I thought with a good sprint I should finish Mile 3 at about the same pace as 1 and 2. No, it didn't work out that way. Mile 3 was 9:18, putting my overall pace at 9:01 (27:03). Dang, 3 seconds!

Since I was pushing hard at the end of Mile 3, my max heart rate hit 191. (I've hit 191 a few times and 193 once). My average was 168, while resting was at 60. My recovery was from 191 (because of the pushing at the end) to 132 - a 59 point spread. The highest drop that I have equalled once before.

No comments:

Post a Comment