Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Monday, June 7, 2010 - 4 Miles in New Rides

In my last post, I wrote that I was repeating the 3,5,3,10 schedule. Well, I changed my mind. I thought to myself, "I'm not going to get anywhere by running in place." So, after 2 weeks of failing to complete the scheduled runs, I moved on. This week calls for 4,5,4,11.

I completed the 4 miles in 37:55 (a 9:29 pace) in my new Under Armour Illusion 2's. I had some hot spots. During the first mile or so, my heels felt hot; Later on, my toes, especially big toes and right behind them felt hot. I also felt as if my shoe was hitting the pavement just right to set off an echo. I contribute this to being new shoes. I really like my original UA Illusions, so hopefully these will be even better. In my originals, it almost feels like I'm running barefooted, but without having to worry about stepping on anything that would hurt my foot. In the UA 2's, it feels like more cushioning has been added and the shoe is a little heavier, but that doesn't bother me. I can't wait to see how they feel when I get some mileage on them.

My weight is the highest it has been in a year. I didn't weigh this much when I wasn't running after hurting my knee.

My Heart Rates: 166 avg; 184 max; 58 resting (under 60!). My recovery was 174 to 130 (I still need to look up what that means).

My times by mile: Mile 1 - 9:21, M2 - 9:38, M3 - 9:38, M4 - 9:17. Nothing spectacular, but was surprised at the consistency of the middle 2 miles and the outer 2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment