Saturday, January 8, 2011

6 miles, 25 Degrees, and Windy!

The temperature did hit 27 degrees, but I was helping Sherri do some things around the house. It had dropped to 25 degrees before I could get out the door around 2:00. I had only eaten some toast and jelly for breakfast and a snack of some Goldfish for lunch. I didn't want to stuff myself at lunch, so I ate the Goldfish about 11:30. It just kept getting later and later, so I was running on empty. I wasn't really running on empty, because I really did some card-loading during the week. Not such much as by design than by accident. I was more likely to be dehydrated, because I only had two coffees, a glass of orange juice, and about four ounces of PowerAde. The lack of running, especially consistent and distance running, had me worried about running six miles. To my surprise, it went quite well.

The wind chill was at 15 degrees, and at times I thought the wind gusts were going to blow me over. I actually wore one shirt too many, because I sweated a little much. I had my Clarksville Half Marathon shirt, an Under Armour 2.0 base, an UA long-sleeve heat gear, and UA cold gear pullover jacket. Next time I think I will go without the long-sleeve heat gear at this temperature. The stats: 56:26 for a 9:24 pace. Heart rates: 174 avg, 193 max, 80 rest (seems high). Recovery: 191 to 149.

No comments:

Post a Comment