Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Have I Mentioned That I Hate the Wind?

Have I mentioned that I hate the wind? I know when summertime arrives I will be begging for the slightest breeze, but right now, I hate it. (We didn't go to work today, since we got 4 to 5 inches of snow). The good news is that half the time it was at my back. The bad news is that the temperature was 30 degrees and the windchill made it about 10 degrees colder. There were a few times the wind gusts were so strong I couldn't exhale - I almost lost my breath. I had to turn my head to the side to breath out. Enough complaining. Here are the numbers - 8:49, 9:06, 9:31 (slow #3), 9:13, and 8:31. I haven't seen 8:30 or better in awhile. I saw I had a chance for a 9:00 or better pace, so I really pushed Mile 5. I didn't make it, though. I finished in 45:10, a pace of 9:02. My heart rates: 172 avg, 188 max, 62 rest. Recovery from 186 to 126.

1 comment:

  1. you are running faster in the cold and wind than i am on a treadmill. don't worry, i'm catching up :)

    ReplyDelete