Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Little History

I thought about beginning a new blog, since this one's title is now outdated. "Born 2 Run @ 40 ?" (and that is a big questionmark) does not fit anymore - I'm now 41. I was once a fast runner (well, pretty fast) and could once just go out and run a 5k without any training. I thought maybe I was "born to run" and I would begin running a few months before my 40th birthday. I never really cared for running; I actually hated it. Most of my running came because of baseball and basketball practices. I never ran on my own. Now, I wish I could go back in time and run. It's not that bad. I don't love it, but I love the feeling of the accomplishment after a long run (especially when it's an official race). I don't even have to place to feel the race was worthwhile - I just have to finish within my own personal goal. For the most part, I hate training. A lot of running is involved just to complete one race. For example, I run, if I follow my complete schedule, 183 training miles over 10 weeks to run a Half-Marathon.

I should be on week 3 of training for the Oxford, MS Half Marathon on February 26th. I'm not. This is my first week. However, my training for the Music City Marathon does not begin until next week - so, I'm a week ahead :). I also discovered that on December 28th, I weighed more than at any point since I began running on August 10, 2009. I weighed 170.8 the day I started, and 182.4 just last week. 182 is better than I once was, though. In September 2008, I got serious about losing some weight. On September 3, 2008, I weighed 198 pounds. This was after I had already lost a some weight. I was able to squeeze into some 34 blue jeans, but usually unable to button them. My belt had to hold them on. Before that, I was only able to get into size 36 blue jeans, so I was certainly over 200 at one point, but we didn't own a scale until September 3, 2008. I think I did pretty good, losing over 30 pounds before I even began running. I did it by eating a lot of cereal. Now, I want to run consistently to get back to (and maintain) my weight as of August 27, 2010 - 161.6 pounds. Well, actually, I would like to get below 160.

Oh, by the way, instead of beginning a new blog, I just changed the blurb under my "Born 2 Run @ 40 ?" title.

No comments:

Post a Comment