Saturday, January 15, 2011

Blame It On the Wind

Finally, a day that is to reach 50 degrees! I was contemplating on either wearing shorts with a long sleeve shirt or pants with a short sleeve shirt. I finally decided on wearing pants and a long sleeve shirt, hoping to sweat more and lose more weight. I'm glad I wore both long or I would have frozen to death. The wind was awful. The first 2 miles were okay, blowing from the side and not too strong. After completing Mile 2, I hit a 2 mile straight stretch and the wind - a STRONG wind - constantly blew against me. I turned around and headed back after completing Mile 4. I was thankful to have the wind at my back, for what I thought would be the 2 mile stretch back. That wasn't the case. The wind changed directions after Mile 5 was completed and began blowing against me at an angle. Before I could complete Mile 6, it was head-on again. I had to endure it for Miles 7 and 8, too. I was mad! I know running into the wind will help me, but it kept me from enjoying this run. I was excited for 50 degrees and back up to 8 miles, but the wind chill was cooler than 50, and I also blame the wind for my pace being over 9:00. I ran the 8 miles in 1:13:40, a pace of 9:13. If it wasn't for the strong winds, I think I could have done it in 1:12:00. Since I haven't even been running most shorter runs under 9:00, it would have been nice to do so.

Mile 3 was once again my slowest mile at 9:38. Heart rates: 173 average, 193 max, and 62 resting. Recovery was from 192 to 137.

No comments:

Post a Comment