Monday, January 24, 2011

January 21, 2011

I had my alarm set yesterday (Thursday) morning to get up 30 minutes early to run 3 miles before getting ready for work. When it went off, I reset it until the usual time to get up. Now, I would have to run when I got home from work. Sherri did not go to work and called me sometime after 12:00 to tell me it was sleeting and I should head home. It was still dry in Nashville, but I headed home about 1:00 anyway, because the weather-people predicted "it" was coming. I didn't see a drop of anything until I got to the Montgomery County line, and that was mostly just rain. I was stopped at a red light when I began to see a little sleet. A few minutes later snow was coming down pretty good. A Nashville news station reported that Clarksville had 88 wrecks in a 4 hour period. Sure glad I came home when I did. Needless to say, I did not run in the snow and cold yesterday.

We did not go to work this morning. Our road was more ice than snow. The grass seemed to have snow on it, but the pavement and concrete seemed to have ice. I did not want to risk falling while running on an icy road, so I reluctantly hopped on the elliptical machine. I was scheduled for 3 miles. I don't know how many "elliptical" miles I did, though. One screen gave me what I guess was yardage that would equal about 2.5 miles; another screen said I ran 8 miles, which is impossible. I need to read the booklet to find out what is what. All I know is that I did it for 30 minutes and hated every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment