Monday, January 17, 2011

Late Night Run

Monday's are never good days to get up early and run before getting ready for work. This Monday we even went to work two hours late, but I still couldn't force myself out of the bed to run beforehand. I knew we would be attending a Houston County middle school basketball games after work, so I would be able to run then. (Houston County was playing at Clarksville Academy, so we could see Colt Singleton play without having to really drive anywhere.) We got home from the game about 8:45. I didn't think about it - I just changed into my running clothes. I was doing it.

I was out the door by 9:00. It was 46 degrees and drizzling. Occasionally, the wind was blowing so hard it felt like a good rain hitting me in the face. The run was... well, just a run. I had eaten quite a bit before the games, and, two-and-a-half hours later, I was still feeling it. My times were not good - 8:52, 9:56, and 9:56, but not much slower than the paces I've been running lately. My total time was 28:44 (9:35 pace). Heart Rates: avg. 166, max. 180, rest 62. Recovery from 176 to 127.

According to logyourrun.com, I surpassed the 10,000 minute plateau. Since I've been running, I've logged 10,023.87 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. great job, what commitment, running in the dark in the rain!

    ReplyDelete