Monday, January 10, 2011

Official Start of Music City Marathon Training

Today began my "official" training for the Music City Marathon in April. It was a cold 32 degrees at 11:00 when I headed out. There were some instances of strong winds, but nowhere near yesterday's windchill. I was able to run about midday, because we did not work today due to snow. We barely had any - maybe 1.5 inches. The roads I ran were already clear. Some areas to the south reported 13" of snow.

I ran 3 miles in 28:10 for a pace of 9:23. I blame the cold weather on my slow times. My heart rates: avg. 159, max. 179, rest 58. These numbers prove I am not working too hard. I've got to pick up the pace - cold weather or not. Recovery was from 179 to 120. Good resting rate and recovery "to" numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment