Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 5, 2011

I was scheduled to run 4 miles today, but reduced it to 3. During the day, it rained, sleeted, and snowed, but all had stopped by the time we got home from work. It is still close to dark when we get home, so I planned on rushing to get out the door for the run as soon as possible. However, I had to rebury a cat. Lucky and/or Shani (the dogs) had dug up Cookie. Four of our past animals are buried, have gravel over the dirt, and a car hood on top of the gravel. However, the "pet cemetery" is in a place where roots run everywhere. Needless to say, Cookie wasn't all that deep, but I thought deep enough. Plus, there was the car hood. Somehow, the dogs moved the car hood and commenced to digging. I dug while Sherri gathered up the pieces. Thankfully, it was mostly what the cat was buried in than the actual cat.

Of course, it was dark when I hit the road. The road was wet from the earlier precips and it was 35 degrees. Once again, it felt colder than it actually was. I was trying to hurry. I don't know why. I couldn't finish before it got dark. For the second run in a row, I ran in the bright green shirt Shane and Emily got me for Christmas. It is the safest thing I have to wear in the evening and beyond. I ran the first mile in 8:38. I knew I had started out too fast, because the second half of that mile was much slower than the first. Then I had 9:49 and 9:53. I felt like today's run was faster than Monday's 26:55, but it was not so. Today was 28:20 (a 9:27 pace). Heart Rates: avg. 173, max. 185, rest 79. Recovery: 183 to 127.

No comments:

Post a Comment