Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day Early 5 Miles

Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I decided to run "tomorrow's" run for a few reasons. The first is that we didn't go to work again today, so I wouldn't have to run in the dark morning or dark evening. The second is that today's temperature may reach 34 degrees, while tomorrow's may only reach 25. The last reason is that Sherri and I may attend a Bible study tomorrow night. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get up early enough to run tomorrow, and if we go to the Bible study tomorrow night, I wouldn't get the run in at all.

I hit the pavement at 9:30 am. The temp was 32 degrees. Half the run was into a strong wind and the sky was often spitting snow. It took me 46:56, a pace of 9:23, to complete the 5 miles. I tried to push the last mile to have a pace under 9:30. The miles - 9:27, 9:38, 9:35, 9:24, and 8:52. Finally,something under 9:00, and I'm not just talking about today. Heart rates: 163 avg, 183 max, 60 rest. Recovery was from 181 to 119. The 62 point difference is the second highest recovery I have recorded.

1 comment:

  1. reading your blog for the last 2 runs made me get my butt out the door at lunch time today.

    ReplyDelete